There are lots of great looking shoes that are making an appearance this fall. Here is a list of the top 10 shoe-trends that are hot for 2011-2012. Let’s talk first about the color scheme, the trendiest tones for the upcoming fashion season are: black, white, stone, metallic, beige, burgundy, dark blue, chocolate, deep violet, khaki and red. Bright colors are rare because in the fall and winter, darker colors are preferred. The materials include: ordinary leather, patent and reptile skins, suede and satin. There is also a lot lace and occasional fur this season. As for shapes, this season both pike and round toes are popular. So, don’t throw out the ones you already have, stick to your favorite shape of shoe and still be very fashionable.
Tip: Fashion is always revolving so whatever that was out in 2009-2010 could very well make a comeback this year. Therefore, always go through your closets first before buying the new trends.
We will start with…
1. Reptile skins- snake skin or crocodile leather shoes are very chic and come in real saturated colors.
2. Satin- Yes ladies satin! They are a very beautiful trend for this year. They cannot be worn daily but they are perfect for a special occasion.
3. Suede Shoes and boots- Good suede can look very grand. They come in wide array of colors. They are a great fall staple this year.
4. Patten Leather is a classic. Enjoy them in different styles and shapes.
5. Pike Heels- It is true that they are not as comfortable as chunkier heels but they are definitely much more sexy.
6. Chunky Heel shoes- are in very interesting styles this season but maintain the comfort. But wait, you might already own a pair or two.
7. Lacing high heels- Gives you that rocker spunky look!
8. Platform and wedge shoes- This metallic wedge will help you achieve 2 trends in 1; platform/wedge and metallic in color.
9. Buckles- and lots of it! Shoes with buckles have returned looking very chic!
10. Shoes with socks- We can thank Ms. Rihanna for this trend. She started doing and now all her fans continued in her footsteps. If socks in shoes seem to be a bit much for you, then try warm tights instead. It will at least help you will look more elegant.